Assistant Director - (OOSH) Care Hunters Hill Public School
· Established and stable community based centre
· Full-time/Part-time (Flexible Hours) 12 month maternity leave role - permanent potential
· Well attended vacation care program
Hunters Hill Public School Out-Of-School-Hours Care (HHOOSH) is a quality service managed by a sub-committee of Hunters Hill Public School P&C. The service operates before and after school care during NSW school terms and vacation care during school holidays for children, aged 5-12 years, from Hunters Hill Public School.
Located at the historic Hunters Hill Public School Campus we provide a relaxed environment where all children are safe and well cared for. Our program is child-centred and is based on a range of structured and non-structured activities and experiences.
As the 2IC of the centre, you will provide valued support to the Director and work with the Educational Leader and Casual Staff to continue to deliver an amazing, highly regarded service to the community.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting the Director in all areas of the day to day operations of the centre
· Ensuring compliance with the National Quality Framework, which encompasses the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations, the National Quality Standards, and the Framework for School Age Care (My Time, Our Place)
· Assuming Acting Director position in the absence of the Director
· Helping to ensure a high-quality standard of care is provided and that a happy, safe, and professional environment is maintained
· Care for and interact with children from Kindergarten to Year 6 in a range of activities. Setting up and packing away activities, light cleaning duties
· Be aware of all health and safety procedures and centre policy and procedures and follow through with them
· Writing up children’s observations and evaluations with reference to the outcomes for 'My Time Our Place' School Age Framework.
To perform this role you must have the following:
· Working with Children Check Clearance Number (WWCC)
· Experience working with children aged 5-12 years
· Hold a minimum qualification of Certificate IV in Children’s Services (OOSH) or Diploma of Children’s Services (OOSH or Early Childhood) as recognized by the AQF and in line with NQF regulations or working towards
· Hold a certified supervisor certificate or willingness to obtain
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in meeting NQF regulations, including National Law, National Standards and working within the My Time, Our Place Framework
· Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis Training
· Understanding of Child Protection legislation and hold an accredited Child Protection Certificate
· Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in Microsoft Office and CCS software
· A passion for childcare, including an interest in activities enjoyed by children and a natural ability to develop respectful relationships with children and manage groups of children
· A skilful and professional approach to communication, time management and stakeholder engagement, along with an infectious positive attitude and initiative.
Desirable experience and qualifications:
· Diploma in Out of School Hours Care or Bachelor in Education or currently studying in any of these areas
· Experience and skills in developing, implementing, and evaluating effective programs for school aged children, e.g.: experience working in OOSH, experience working in schools, sports coaching, youth group leadership/mentoring
· Child Protection certificate or willingness to obtain
· Knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place.
If this sounds like you please apply now by submitting a detailed resume addressing the selection criteria. We will require at least 2 professional references during the selection process.